Recently Eli has been putting words together that don't really go and laughing hysterically like he just made the funniest joke in the world! His most recent one is "Echo-bus." Translation: Motorcycle bus. This one he kept saying over and over again for hours laughing uproariously every time. I have to wonder what exactly it is that makes him laugh? Is it the sounds of the two words together? Does he have a funny picture in his head of what a motorcycle bus would be? Maybe a bus with two wheels, or a bus that instead of carrying passengers carries motorcycles?
He also surprises me with words that he knows. Just the other day, he went into my room and said, "Timber!" and fell, backwards, onto a stack of pillows on the bed. I'm assuming that Cameron taught him that one.
Sometimes what he says sounds like something different than what he is actually saying, having a funny result. One of his favorite games is to throw Teddy into a place that he can't reach, and then he says, "Teddy, get it!" But the way he says it sounds exactly like, "Teddy did it!" Already, at such a young age, he has found a scapegoat!
I have been trying to teach him about his little sister so that he isn't too surprised and jealous when she gets here. I told him that I have a baby in my stomach so sometimes he points to my stomach and says, "Baby!" and I'll say, "That's right, Eli! There is a baby in there." I think to myself, "Yes! He get's it!" Then he'll point to other lumps on my body and say, "Baby too!" Ok, so maybe he doesn't get it.
What are some funny things your kids say?
He also surprises me with words that he knows. Just the other day, he went into my room and said, "Timber!" and fell, backwards, onto a stack of pillows on the bed. I'm assuming that Cameron taught him that one.
Sometimes what he says sounds like something different than what he is actually saying, having a funny result. One of his favorite games is to throw Teddy into a place that he can't reach, and then he says, "Teddy, get it!" But the way he says it sounds exactly like, "Teddy did it!" Already, at such a young age, he has found a scapegoat!
I have been trying to teach him about his little sister so that he isn't too surprised and jealous when she gets here. I told him that I have a baby in my stomach so sometimes he points to my stomach and says, "Baby!" and I'll say, "That's right, Eli! There is a baby in there." I think to myself, "Yes! He get's it!" Then he'll point to other lumps on my body and say, "Baby too!" Ok, so maybe he doesn't get it.
What are some funny things your kids say?

Allison fully knows that there's a baby in my tummy. Probably because of Evelyn. She'll point at my tummy, then a little higher and say baby a few more times, laughing. But she'll always give the baby a kiss (kissing my tummy only). My last blot post talked about her new favorite things to say. With her hands up, like, "I don't know" she says, "go, go, go?" Is he still talking about Allison? If he sees pictures of her, does he know it's her?
ReplyDeleteI think little kids' prayers are the best. My 3 year old niece once said "please bless that mom and dad will be punished for their own sins". Haha!
ReplyDelete