Do all two year olds make up words? For Eli, the word is Bappy. I really have no idea where he got it from. Maybe he heard it from someone else? Maybe he is trying to say something else that he just can't pronounce? Maybe he made it up entirely on his own? I don't know. He isn't very consistent in how he uses it. For example:
Mom: "Wow! That's pretty cool!"
Eli: "Yeah. It's bappy!"
Mom: "Eli! Why are you being mean to your sister?!"
Eli: "Because I'm bappy!"
Eli: "Because I'm bappy!"
Mom: "Oh Brianna! Why are you so sad?"
Eli: "Because she's bappy."
Eli: "Mom, I don't want to eat bappy. It's yucky!"
Eli: "Dad, you're so bappy!"
Eli: "I'm going to throw it to you! Don't Hug it!"
Mom: "Why not?"
Eli: " 'Cause I'm bappy!"
When I asked him what bappy means he said, "Umm.. Lilalaleth."
Will he always use the word bappy? Will it carry on to others and become a trend? After all, it is pretty bappy!
Eli: "I'm going to throw it to you! Don't Hug it!"
Mom: "Why not?"
Eli: " 'Cause I'm bappy!"
When I asked him what bappy means he said, "Umm.. Lilalaleth."
Will he always use the word bappy? Will it carry on to others and become a trend? After all, it is pretty bappy!

Ha ha! He sound SO cute!! Maybe it'll make Websters one day.
ReplyDeleteI'm having a lot of fun laughing as funny things Eli says. We miss him! Wish you were here! Can't believe you've been gone, almost a year!
ReplyDeleteMiss you! Come visit
Melofee! Mom says bappy sounds like happy and bad put together. Maybe that's what it means. He's being bad, and he's happy about it! haha
ReplyDeleteI would love your apple crisp-pie recipe!
ReplyDeleteThat's cute. Craig makes up words too. But it started right after I taught him what a rhyming words were... And the made up words rhyme with the ones that they are replacing or intended to be. But it is kind of interesting guessing what exactly he's talking about.
ReplyDelete