Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tomato Soup

Not too long ago, we had a small case of cherry tomatoes in the house. Brianna LOVES tomatoes and had been snacking on them. Thus while Cameron and I were doing some work in the basement, the case of tomatoes was left out on the counter for Brianna to eat. Upon returning upstairs to make lunch, Eli informed me that he had made lunch already. Tomato soup.

"Mom! It's so good! You should try it! It has three ingredients. Tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and water."

The whole time that he was explaining his method of making tomato soup to me, Brianna was greedily keeping the soup all to herself. Yes, she ate it all. A few days later, Eli and I had this conversation:

Eli: "Mom, can you buy some more tomatoes?"
Me: "Why?"
Eli: "So I can make some more tomato soup."
Me: "Why do you want to do that?"
Eli: "Because I didn't get to try any when I made it before."
Me: "Why didn't you try it?"
Eli: "Because it has tomatoes in it! I don't like tomatoes!"

1 comment: