Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The New OBGYN

I went to my new OBGYN here in St. George for the first time yesterday. I felt like it was a very good visit overall and was quite impressed with my doctor. I had heard that some doctors in Utah practically force you to get an epidural (which I don't want) and are very apt to decide a C-section is necessary (which I also don't want). Neither of these things seem to be true of Dr. Chalmers. Apparently he used to work in a practice in Alaska that had 2 doctors and 3 midwives, so he is quite used to delivering babies naturally. Thanks Rachel for the recommendation!

Normally, I wouldn't have taken Eli with me for a doctor's appointment, but since I have been in St. George such a short time, I didn't know a babysitter. Eli was pretty good for the appointment, but the highlight of the visit came when Eli handed Dr. Chalmers a treasure. At first as I was looking at it, I was trying to figure out what it was. When it dawned on me, I was simply hoping I was mistaken. Then, Eli said, very clearly and matter of factly, "Booger!" I was mortified! Dr. Chalmers took it in stride. His reply to this wondrous present was, "Why thank you Eli! That's the best gift I've gotten all day!" I'm sure I was blushing profusely, but at the same time, I couldn't stop laughing.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome story! I love the Dr's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina, you should direct Rachel to my blog. I don't think she's seen it and I think she'd get a kick out of this story since she does know the doctor involved.

    ReplyDelete